Staffordshire Enamels Cute Cats Lion Enamel Box
- Why buy from us
- Official Stockist
- Est. Over 100 yrs
- Price match
- FREE delivery
- FREE gift wrapping
Staffordshire EnamelsCute CatsLion Enamel Box
Unit: EachMPN:05 280EAN:841089008736Code: 28337
- The Great Male Lion Enamel Box
- The bulged base is Mid green
- Hand Painted
- Diameter: 49mm | 1.9"
- Height: 25mm | 1"
- Presented in Staffordshire Enamel Branded Gift Box
- Personalised Initial Markings of the Artist on the Base
- The Box is made of Copper with an Enamel Coating
- Please note: This is a Unique Piece of Art and Colours may vary from the Image.
Staffordshire Enameled boxes are unquestionable works of art. Each piece is painstakingly hand painted by expert craftsmen in traditional methods that have changed very little since production began in the eighteenth century. Originally used to hold snuff, sweets, and beauty spots. Today these Enamel boxes are given as Gifts for all occasions with many Collectors Worldwide too.
As all the Staffordshire Enamel boxes are hand decorated, there inevitably will be small variance in colour and design. Far from detracting this is a feature of the unique manufacture of this product.Many customers ask us to inscribe the inside lid or base with a very special message.We are pleased to do this for an extra charge, please contact us for more information. email@example.comThe Manufacturing Process for a Staffordshire Enamel Box:
- Each Enamel Box is created by flattening, spinning and forming Copper sheets
- The Copper is acid treated and roughened to accept the Enamel
- The Enamel is created with a mixture of vitreous glass milled to a powder. Water and coloured oxides are then added to create an emulsion.
- White or coloured layers of Enamel are applied to the Copper with firing of each layer at 800 degrees centigrade
- Artwork is Created by Distinguished artists
- Lithograph In black ink printed and applied to the the enameled surface of the box and fired to fix the print
- Colours are hand mixed using fine pigments and oils
- The Artist hand paints the Box using the black lithograph as a guide
- Finally the Enamel Box is fired again to fix the colours and the final glaze