The popularity of TV shows like the Great British Bake Off along with the revolution in Cup Cake making has created huge demand for 2 Tier Cake Cakestands.
Formerley the preserve of the genteel tea party and restricted mainly to chintz fine bone china designs – generally expensive too – we now have and are selling vast quantities of good value, good quality and great designed Cake Stands.
Currently the 5 Best Selling 2 tier cake stand designs are:
- Maxwell and Williams Kimono 2 Tier cake stands £25.00: Introduced at the beginning of 2011 the Kimono range is inspired by the Orient and has a bold distinctive floral and blossom design. The range has been so popular that a further two colours have been introduced to the original 4. The Red and the Teal green have so far sold the best, the white and black cake stands are new and have started to sell well too.
- Portmeirion Crazy Daisy 2 Tier Cake Stand £32.00: Crazy Daisy is a vibrant contemporary floral design that will brighten up any tea party
- Maxwell and Williams Amore 2 Tier Cake Stand £15.00: The Amore range does what it says on the tin. The heart shaped plates add a romantic, femine touch to the display. The plates are smallish, so do not expect it to hold more than half a dozen cup cakes. Also makes a very good petit-forts and after dinner sweet stand.
- Just Slate 2 Tier Cake Stand £40.00: Whilst at the higher end of the price scale you are getting a cake stand of quality and style. The UK sourced slate cake stand is a statement piece particularly when set against cream or white. This stand also works very well as a cheese board and biscuit stand.
- Maxwell and Williams Cashmere Aviary 2 Tier Cake Stand £25.00: New in 2012, this elegant bone china cake stand combines song birds and flowers, along with pastel colours creating a very fresh, feminine design.
I hope that this helps, these ratings are based on current sales, we are constantly looking to add designs as they become available.
I would be very interested to hear of any ranges that you have seen that you feel we should consider adding to our assortment.
Please feel free to email us images of your cup cake display. I would like to create a gallery and use it to show other customers how to do it.
The best display will receive a Maxwell and Williams Amore 2 Tier Cake stand absolutely free.
Latest posts by Nigel Havens (see all)
- Christmas Gift Ideas for Him and Her - December 6, 2013
- Havens Checkout Issues! - November 22, 2013
- Havens Christmas Open Night Thursday 14th November - November 12, 2013